Follow us on Twitter

Can a councillor take on the role of the RFO?

0 votes
The clerk-RFO resigned from the council. A councillor took on the role of clerk and the chair the role of RFO for a few months. Is the chair allowed to do this?
asked by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, provided they are appointed by the council and receive no payment.
answered by (28.9k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative