Follow us on Twitter

Council, acting as sole charity trustee, to lease part of the charity's estate - what does it need to consider?

0 votes
The Council is planning to agree a lease for land adjacent to one of the properties of a charitable trust of which the Council is sole trustee.  What does it need to consider?  In particular how can it ensure that it carries out its duties as sole trustee?
by (1.5k points)

2 Answers

0 votes
by (2.8k points)
0 votes
Who are you leasing it to? The Charity?

If so it a fairly arrest forward lease agreement. You’ll have to have this formally drawn up anyway so speak with the solicitor about any specifics.
You do however need to be aware of any conflicts of interest and should perhaps consider these with the full council.
by (5.4k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative