Can a parish councillor put in a bid to do work for the parish council

0 votes
asked by (220 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
This question has been answered previously by Counterpoint, firstly in respect of being Clerk but also generally  " A Councillor can be appointed Clerk (or any other council Officer) and may continue to be a Councillor. However: a Councillor may not receive payment for any Council Office while they remain a Councillor". If the issue is to bid for Council contracts of work then you are entering into Pecuniary Interest territory and I leave to others to discuss.
answered by (2.5k points)
edited by

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions - use the button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.


Google Analytics Alternative