Follow us on Twitter

Can a Parish Councillor Vote against a neighbours planning app when his property is raised in the objection

0 votes
The PC was also the NDP chair and tried to draw the house and his close out of the village confine, an objection was raise and the garden was reinstated in the village confine
by (190 points)
edited by

1 Answer

0 votes
A councillor certainly should declare a property he owns in his declaration of interests. In that case, it would certainly appear that the councillor would have a personal interest in a planning application that affected his property. However, if he only rents the property, it would be much less clear.
by (30.6k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative