Questions about town and parish councils
Follow Councillor Q&A on X/Twitter

Follow us on X/Twitter

0 votes
Question is as in title.
Can a person run for a Town or Parish council if they are employed by the senior (principal?) council, in which geographic area that parish/town council is located?

Second, if a person runs a company which is contracted to provide a service for the borough council, and so earns money from the borough council, can that person run for the parish/town council?
Many thanks in advance for any answers.
by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes. The only restriction I'm aware of is that they would need to declare an interest on any matter where they had a personal stake, which could happen quite frequently.
by (33.5k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Clares Cushions logo Peacock cushion

Clare's Cushions creates beautiful hand made cushions and home accessories from gorgeous comtemporary fabrics. We have a fantastic selection of prints including Sophie Allport and Orla Kiely designs and most covers can be ordered either alone or with a cushion inner. Buying new cushions is an affordable and effective way to update your home interior, they're also a great gift idea. Visit our site now

2,981 questions
5,839 answers
10,135 users
Google Analytics Alternative