Follow Councillor Q&A on Twitter

Follow us on Twitter

0 votes
Or is it only a parish councillor that can do this
by (1.6k points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Worth looking at what your standing orders say. Your council may have set out the ability to receive suggestions for motions to be presented from the electorate.

Always best to have them channelled through a councillor who has the right to propose a motion for inclusion. It is always good to talk with your councillors and get them on side.
by (24.3k points)
0 votes
Yes but it needs a Councillor to propose it and another to second it
But it would be unique in my experience for a member of the public to word a motion normally they raise an issue and Councillors then debate and hopefully agree a motion
by (10.5k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Clares Cushions logo Peacock cushion

Clare's Cushions creates beautiful hand made cushions and home accessories from gorgeous comtemporary fabrics. We have a fantastic selection of prints including Sophie Allport and Orla Kiely designs and most covers can be ordered either alone or with a cushion inner. Buying new cushions is an affordable and effective way to update your home interior, they're also a great gift idea. Visit our site now

Google Analytics Alternative