Follow us on Twitter

Who should I address my complaint to.

0 votes
Thank you.

Also is it relevant that the messages I received were abusive or is it more pertinent that he disclosed the conversation ?
by (140 points)
reshown by

1 Answer

+1 vote
To be blunt you may as well address complaint to the sky given the complete collapse in standards within sector stuff like this just gets "filed" in a big cabinet. If I was you (and been in similar situation) I'd just have a quiet word with the person and move on. I found it helped me in long run gain power within the Council and start to effect actual meaningful change. The MOs have no power and whole process just becomes long drawn out farce.
by (5.2k points)
...but if you don't report it, you're part of the problem.  With no C of C complaints, the MO will report that all is well within the sector, so we lack the evidence to make the changes we seek.
.. possibly.  Though is there an argument the Annual Report on low level standards complaints (most of which no action taken) actually weakens the position. Do we not need slam dunk most serious ones reported externally and the rest just dealt with internally / informally.

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative