Follow us on Twitter

Do parish councils have to have additional public liability insurance to hold a firework display and bonfire?

0 votes
by (130 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
It would certainly be advisable.  If the parish council organises an event, then there is a liability to the public.  Without insurance, in the unfortunate event of a personal injury claim, I'd imagine the council would have little option other than to levy a substantial precept in order to meet the claim.
by (30.6k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative