Follow us on Twitter

How does a Parish Council execute a deed of transfer

0 votes

Our Primary Authority is transferring a small parcel of land to the PC and has asked for us to sign a deed of transfer;

"To finalise the document, though, you need to add in the details of how the Parish Council seals or signs legal documents, ( the ‘execution block’). If you could kindly provide this, ( your legal colleague should be able to assist if required ), I will prepare the final execution copies.

Do we need to have a 'seal' or can, say, the Chair and Vice-chair sign?

asked by (560 points)

2 Answers

+1 vote
I was under the impression that every parish council had an official seal for legal documents such as this. Perhaps the clerk can track it down possibly held by the solicitors for the council who would be the best bet for safe keeping.
answered by (11.2k points)
0 votes
We don't have a seal so two councillors sign the deed and I witness this as Clerk.  That has worked for leases and legal agreements in the past for us.
answered by (16.9k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative