Questions about town and parish councils
Follow Councillor Q&A on X/Twitter

Follow us on X/Twitter

+1 vote
by (2.3k points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
Yes, it will be published on your district council's website in the elections section. As the district council returning officer is the parish returning officer as well.

It will be called 'statement of person's nominated', if the number of people standing is equal or less than the seats they will be elected without contest, and usually shown on a separate list.
by (9.0k points)
I know it’s slightly off topic but a local council refuses to co opt people if they don’t fit in for example holding membership of a political party against someone even though there were four vacancies
The Monitoring Officer called elections in all Wards and the rejected candidate just got elected without contest along with three of his chums
We live in interesting times

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Clares Cushions logo Peacock cushion

Clare's Cushions creates beautiful hand made cushions and home accessories from gorgeous comtemporary fabrics. We have a fantastic selection of prints including Sophie Allport and Orla Kiely designs and most covers can be ordered either alone or with a cushion inner. Buying new cushions is an affordable and effective way to update your home interior, they're also a great gift idea. Visit our site now

2,981 questions
5,837 answers
10,135 users
Google Analytics Alternative