Follow us on Twitter

Can a councillor lodge a complaint against a Clerk and if yes how?

+1 vote
asked by (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
No complaint could be made to the Principal Authority Monitoring Officer,  but the answer it yes, via the staffing or other appropriate committee if the council has one   - but the clerk may raise a grievance against it.
answered by (22.3k points)
Of course a council should have a written grievance/complaints procedure in place and ideally the council should ensure this knits in with the employment requirements of the Clerk. Clerks like councillors should be answerable for their actions

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative