Questions about town and parish councils
Follow Councillor Q&A on X/Twitter

Follow us on X/Twitter

0 votes
This, to me anyway, is a peculiar challenge, I will share the statement as I have been confronted with and ask for any thoughts or feedback from the community please -
Statutory employment costs have to be ear-marked from reserves as per section 151 to ensure the council complies to statutory requirements to appoint a temporary RFO

by (380 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Section 151 of...? If we're talking LGA 1972, it simply states that the authority must designate a named individual as RFO.
by (54.1k points)
Yes my thoughts when I received the email advising me of this guidance, but I wondered if had missed something in my CiLCA training!! Thank you for the response.
where did you get that advice from?  Reserves should cover the running costs of the parish council which include salaries so there is no reason to have earmarked reserves for salaries only.... strange...

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Clares Cushions logo Peacock cushion

Clare's Cushions creates beautiful hand made cushions and home accessories from gorgeous comtemporary fabrics. We have a fantastic selection of prints including Sophie Allport and Orla Kiely designs and most covers can be ordered either alone or with a cushion inner. Buying new cushions is an affordable and effective way to update your home interior, they're also a great gift idea. Visit our site now

3,001 questions
5,890 answers
10,222 users
Google Analytics Alternative