Follow us on Twitter

Parish clerk refusing to communicate

0 votes

My local parish clerk has emailed me to say he will no longer by reading or responding to my emails. He has taken umbrage to  my questions.
How do I proceed to have my questions answered if he is refusing to communicate
asked ago by (120 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Are you a councillor or a member of the public?
answered ago by (3.7k points)
I am a member of the public
0 votes
It of course depends on how the question was asked and what answers that have already been given (you said no longer communicating). If you have asked a specific question and had an answer ( you may not be happy with it) then it is very easy to  wrongly then continue with related questions thereby entering into a continuing back and forth diatribe. Check out whether you have asked the same question repeatedly thereby allowing a claim of vexation in your communication. Has the clerk given a reason for discontinuing your exchange of emails? If it is information you are seeking (ie a document) then a freedom of information request might be the way forward. Check out the councils policy for dealing with FOI and also complaints from the public.
answered ago by (5.5k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative