Follow us on Twitter

Clerk have gone off sick but is using a councillor as his agent. Can this legal

0 votes
asked by (120 points)

4 Answers

0 votes
Depends on what the reason for sickness is
answered by (3.7k points)
+1 vote
His agent for what?
answered by (12.9k points)
0 votes
If the clerk is sick then the clerk should be recovering from their sickness not dealing with work matters nor involved in the delegation of their work because they're sick. They really should be focusing on recovering.
You should have a deputy to cover if a short term absence or, short to meduim term, perhaps the deputy steps up with a pay rise due to more responsibility or a locum clerk be found to help until the clerk returns.
answered by (4.2k points)
0 votes
We need to know what the Councillor is serving as an agent for
answered by (17.1k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative