Follow us on Twitter

How can you replace a Committee Chairman who is not performing his role correctly

0 votes
Our Chair of Personnel is not addressing important issues due to not wish to confront the clerk over areas which are not being performed, (i.e. no staff appraisals, disregarding concerns staff have) - Is there a mechanism by which this chairman can be removed.  We have a Town Council.
asked by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Your standing orders will include the provisions for the appointment of the Chair of the committee. As a first step, the members of the committee should discuss this with the chair to encourage him/her to address these shortcomings.
answered by (24k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative