Follow us on Twitter

Planning application applicable to Town Council.

0 votes
Feasibly can a Town Council apply to its Principal council for planning permission to a particular part of its Area?
asked by (360 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Your question is not completely clear but if the Town Council owns a building that needs an extension, then they must apply for planning permission and buildings regulations.  They have to follow the law, like everyone else....
answered by (7.7k points)
More specifically an item of category to stop/control traffic for access.
To stop up and control vehicular traffic on a public road would require a Stopping-up Order or Traffic Regulation Order granted by the Highways Authority of the Principal Authority.  Any such requests must be open to public consultation.

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative