how do I get a vote of no confidence in a town council?

0 votes
asked by (170 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Why do you feel the need to do this and what do you hope to achieve? You can't remove the members of the Council.
answered by (9.4k points)
0 votes
Notwithstanding why you want to do it and what you feel it might achieve there are two obvious ways:

1. Ask for a motion of no confidence to be put on a future Town Council agenda  - although it may be rejected for inclusion. let alone be voted on.

2. Organise a Parish Poll

Note that the Town Council would have no legal obligation to act on the results of a parish Poll whatever the voting outcome.
answered by (7.5k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions - use the button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.


Google Analytics Alternative