Follow us on Twitter

Use of Council Debit Cards

0 votes
Can the Chair give permission for an employee to utilise a parish debit card for personal use?
asked by (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Firstly, the chair can't make unilateral  decisions on behalf of a town or Parish Council other than to call an Extraordinary meeting or Extraordinary general meeting..

Even if the whole Council agrees, it would be illegal to allow a Town or Parish Council income to be spent by an individual on whatever they liked for themselves. How income is spent should be specified in a budget.
answered by (13.8k points)
This should be covered by your financial regs - always a good place to start I sometimes feel:-)
Thought so and believe an experienced Clerk would know this too. Thanks for confirming.

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative