A councillor resigns to undertake this role (i.e Clerk & RFO)

0 votes
If a councillor resigns, can they immediately take up the role of Clerk and RFO and does this mean they will be unpaid for the next 12 months?

asked by (250 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes. As soon as they resign the role of Councillor, they may take up the role of Clerk/RFO, but they cannot receive any remuneration for the work they undertake for a period of 12 months from the date of resignation.
answered by (8.9k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions - use the button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.


Google Analytics Alternative