Thanks for the response.
It is odd that they have added the following procedures to what used to be an informal open forum for our small parish.
It just doesn't sit right. Please see below
To ensure that the system is not misused or abused, and to comply with legal limitations on
information which the council may divulge, the following rules shall apply:
1. Questions or statements relating to any item on the agenda for that Council meeting
are not permitted.
2. An individual cannot ask questions or make statements more than six times per year.
3. No more than six questions or statements on the same subject per year are allowed.
4. The same question or statement cannot be asked or made more than once.
5. Questions or statements on matters which are exempt or confidential under the 1985
Access to Information Act are not permitted.
6. Questions or statements which are defamatory, frivolous or offensive are not allowed.
7. Questions and statements must be submitted in writing (emails are accepted) to the
Parish Clerk three clear working days before the Council meeting (excluding the day
of the meeting) at the latest, i.e. normally by the end of Wednesday for a meeting on
the following Tuesday.