Follow us on Twitter

Who do you complain to about the parish council ?

0 votes
A planning application was put in by a parish councillor on behalf of the parish council who is also a director of the business who got the job to carry out the work, who also took other business around to estimate for the work.  How can you compliant to the people,  who you are complaining about
asked by (220 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Everyone has to put their planning applications in to the District Council because they are the Planning Authority.   The District Council then send the papers to the Parish Clerk so that the Parish Council can give an opinion about that planning application .  Note that is is only an opinion because it is the District Council who have the final say.  Another thing to bear in mind is that all Councillors (Parish, District , and County) must declare any interests that they may have in the matter.  All Councils also have procedures about how they hire companies to carry out works.

If there are any complaints about how any of this was handled, then you must ask to speak to the monitoring officer at the District Council and explain the situation.
answered by (300 points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative