Who should decide how S 106 money is spent please?

0 votes
asked by (1.1k points)

2 Answers

0 votes
S106 agreements, (See S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended), are what makes a development proposal acceptable in planning terms.
They are site specific mitigation of the impact of development. These 'developer contributions' sit alongside highway contributions and the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).

Usually the money is paid to the District Council (and County Council) and are generally project specific, such as affordable homes, 'Public Art' or other infrastructure projects, usually contained in some sort of document such as a "Infrastructure Delivery Plan".

So, if a parish council wants some new sports equipement in a public park (say), then there maybe a pot of money available for a PC to tap into.
answered by (1.5k points)
0 votes
S106 agreements are drawn up between the Principal Authority and one or more parties, often the applicant of the planning applications. They decide what the money is spent on, and the S106 agreement will itemise it.
answered by (5.2k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions - use the button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.


Google Analytics Alternative