Questions about town and parish councils
Follow Councillor Q&A on X/Twitter

Follow us on X/Twitter

0 votes
Can anyone direct me to legislation that confirms that parish land is privately owned so that if we have an abandoned car that needs moving and the Police refuse to move it as it’s “private” land we then have to take the civil route?
by (320 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
The Police don't usually remove abandoned vehicles unless they are obstructing the highway or a crime has been committed.  Speak to your district council.
by (53.3k points)
0 votes
Check your PC register of assets ( which they should have) which should have been compiled from information held on purchase, bequeathed or gifted of the land and from deeds or land registry.
by (26.9k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Clares Cushions logo Peacock cushion

Clare's Cushions creates beautiful hand made cushions and home accessories from gorgeous comtemporary fabrics. We have a fantastic selection of prints including Sophie Allport and Orla Kiely designs and most covers can be ordered either alone or with a cushion inner. Buying new cushions is an affordable and effective way to update your home interior, they're also a great gift idea. Visit our site now

2,959 questions
5,775 answers
10,071 users
Google Analytics Alternative