Follow us on Twitter

Can a community council function without a clerk

0 votes
by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Well it can continue function whilst seeking a Clerk (through an appointed internal or external Locum (deputy acting up as Clerk) or a temporary unpaid appointment from within Cllr membership) but ultimately all Town/Parish/Community Councils need an appointed permanent proper officer to function effectively and move things forward. It's not a good place for any Council to find themselves in.  You ideally want a managed handover (accept not always possible for a variety of reasons depending on nature of departure)
by (4.4k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative