Follow us on Twitter

If councillor not working or lives out of council boundary.

0 votes
What course of action can be taken to complain of a councillor not meeting the required ruling not working in the town or living within the boundary of the council.
by (810 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
In 99.9% of cases I've come across the person meets (or met at the point of standing) one or more of the many qualifying criteria.  Unfortunately they are able to complete there term in office if circumstances change should they wish.  We had one turn up every 6 months... (for some reason he liked his title did nothing else other than turn up just before the "6 month rule". They do have to stand down at next election if no longer qualify now.
by (4.4k points)
Most of the criteria for councillor only apply at the time of election BUT worth checking with your elections office as I vaguely recall being told once that there is something (or perhaps several) where that doesn't apply.
Thankyou I do recall some detail of criteria at the recent local elections where the situation had to be called out at the submission of the candidates declaration to stand.

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative