Follow us on Twitter


0 votes
If a resolution was made but due to circumstances it was not possible to implement it can  a further resolution be made to replace it  "due to the exceptional circumstances" or must it go through a formal procedure a la S7 of standing orders?
by (2.8k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
All depends on your standing orders. Any resolution can be visited ,amended or rescinded within the specified 6 month time period if it is the will of the PC. This would usually follow changed reasons or evidence not known  or given for the resolution in the first place which may render the decision invalid.

The 6 month rule was designed to stop every resolution being continually challenged the minute they were made by those not in agreement with the decision made. But... not designed to "handcuff " the council to decisions made in error or with misinformation (or lack of) and to enable them to adapt to changing situations.
by (16.6k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative