Follow us on Twitter

What happens when ALL Parish councillors resign?

0 votes
by (120 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Your Clerk should contact your local Electoral Team and they will pull in District / County or Unitary Councillors (not sure what  tier system you have) and they will act as your Parish Councillors until enough people stand by co-option to make a quorum.  An election may need to be called to fill the seats.  Speak to your local elector team first to ask how they can help.
by (3.2k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative