Follow us on Twitter

No Clerk so can two Cllrs make payments

0 votes
A PC has no Clerk/RFO. Presumably with dual authorisation set up with the Bank it falls to two of the duly mandate authorised members to raise and authorise payments to suppliers/contractors until such time as a replacement officer is recruited?
by (380 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
What do the Standing orders or Finance policy say? The payments to contractors have to be authorized by full council unless the SO or a policy says otherwise. When the payments are resolved the two members can then implement them.
by (31.1k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative