Follow us on Twitter

What is the best way to deal with fly- posting?

0 votes
A local business has decided to promote itself by posting notices around the village, including on the council owned defibrillator kiosk. The council has not been asked to grant permission for postings on the kiosk and is unlikely to give it if asked.

I understand this is classed as fly - posting and is illegal where permission has not been granted. I would welcome advice on how best to deal with this, without creating difficulties for either the council or the business?
asked by (210 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
We are all too quick to seek "official" solutions to problems and have become box tickers. How about an old fashioned method time tested by many communities (which the PC is a part)

Have a quiet word with the business owner as to the use of the defibrillator kiosk being seen as inappropriate and perhaps make suggestions of what would be acceptable. After all the PC should be supporting and encouraging local businesses not laying down the law.

It's good to talk!
answered by (11.1k points)
Echo this 100%.  The same officers/cllrs who push for instant heavy handed formal "solutions" then wonder why community despise them (and then won't help PC/TC when it needs their help).
Thankyou, advice followed and hopefully situation resolved.

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions as they are asked - click on the image button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.

Google Analytics Alternative