Can you take up a role as a Town/Parish Clerk and also sit as a County Councillor?

0 votes
Can a sitting County Councillor take up employment as a Town/Parish Clerk of a Town or Parish within the County Council area, but outside of their ward on the County Council?
asked by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes.  You can't be an employee ^& member of the same Council. But you can be an employee of one and a member of another within the County or even district Council boundary.
answered by (7.5k points)

Welcome to Town & Parish Councillor Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. All genuine questions and answers are welcome. Follow us on Twitter to see the latest questions - use the button above or follow @TownCouncilQA. Posts from new members may be delayed as we are unfortunately obliged to check each one for spam. Spammers will be blacklisted.

You may find the following links useful:

We have a privacy policy and a cookie policy.


Google Analytics Alternative